Monday, January 25, 2010

Just in Time

I found this article very interesting. It is amazing to me how many errors there are in the medical field everyday! This is a huge undertaking but as technology advances more and more I believe systems like this should become mandatory. They are a huge undertaking yet crucial for all types of diagnosisis. It is very important that a doctor be able to have this type of knowledge at his fingertips. I have looked into it more because my group presentation is on this article and Vanderbilt uses simliar technology. They have a system called WizOrder which is their clinician data entry site and StarChart which is the program that they use to view patient records. They also have a program called My Health At Vanderbilt. With this system each patient has the option to have their own account in which the patient can contact the dr. office via e-mail, view appointments, view lab results and many other things. It is a very beneficial program and truthfully I have never looked into detail at which technology programs Vanderbilt uses so as a patient there I actually found the research very useful!

No comments:

Post a Comment