Thursday, February 11, 2010

Groundswell Chapter 2

Like many types of change when they first occur, alot of people don't think that they can succeed in the new change. When in all reality when it comes to the groundswell, with knowledge and experience (and the want to succeed in it) companies, people and policies can thrive in this "new" type of world.
There were a few examples given of technology that are in use that I alone use so some of the stats on them were actually very interesting and surprising to me.
First were blogs which are a personal type of entry. The book says that 1 in 4 people use blogs which was surprising to me. I hadn't used a blog until I began this class and the only people I knew that used blogs were celebrity or media personalities.
Social networking sites are another one of the "up and comings." With these sites you can maintain profiles, connect with each other and interact with other friends. The books says that 1 in 4 people visit a social networking site monthly which I thought was actually a little low. I feel like alot more people use social networking sites and they will continue as time goes on.
The last type of technology they mention that I use is the wiki, which I use for this class.22% of people use Wiki according to our book and to be honest I had never heard of it before this class. It is a very useful site in the sense that my group and I can keep EVERYTHING together and talk to each other and the teacher can view the site too.

No comments:

Post a Comment