Thursday, March 18, 2010

Computer security in the health industry

As someone who deals with a hospital via e-mail and the internet I sometimes wonder how safe my information really is. All of my personal information from contact information to test results is sitting on these computers for someone to access at any time; someone which might not supposed to be able to see it. I am notified of perscriptions, doctor's appointments and bills through this system; alot of which is very sensitive information. With computers changing all the time is there always going to be adequate security? How will people know if their information is in danger or not? It is a wonderful advantage being able to use the computer to be in contact with my doctor's office but sometimes I wonder when to much sensitive information is to much to be put out there? Just something I have been thinking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment